You have to remember, from here on out, that as a marketing practitioner for more than 10 years, I have helped numerous brands grow offline and online. But for the life of me, I cannot find the energy to do it for myself. So why the hell will I have time to manage my dogs' Instagram.
Now that I've set the mood, "they" now have 75 followers. That's about 10 new followers a month with the level of posting and organic hashtagging. So basically, basic. Yup, my dogs were able to gain more followers in a faster rate than I did in the past 6 years. You can say that the algorithm has changed since 2014, which is, as far as digital marketing is concerned, is back in the day. But so what, they literally have more followers than me at this rate.
So this is what happened:
1. One of our first followers was @charlie.little.rascal. We met him and his owner on the same day in the resort. they were in the room next to ours and they both are doing soooo great in doggie social media.
2. In the next few weeks, the followers increased to about 30, mostly dogs. Obviously in reality, it's people but for their dogs.
3. The next month they were given their first offer. FIRST. There were a handful since then. It was a discount and their own coupon code to be shared. Forgot what it was, probably dog clothes.
4. People started following them in the next few months.
5. Recently got featured at @dogsworkingfromhome stories.
I'm hoping we reach a hundred soon so we can celebrate something. I'm not sure how far I will take it. If at some point I get free Frontline for them, I'm switching careers.